Christmas Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies – classic chocolate chip cookies with festive sugar cookies baked right on top for the ultimate easy Christmas cookies!
Christmas Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies – Easy Christmas Cookies
These cookies are so cute and easy to make! All you need is Pillsbury Shape™ Sugar Cookie Dough and some kind of chocolate chip cookie dough. Last year, these cookies started going viral around Christmas time on TikTok and I thought they looked so fun and festive. I knew my kids would love to make them and they are truly perfect for beginner bakers. There are a lot of variations and they all looked great, but this is the easiest combination with the perfect sizing. We have already made these several times this year and have stocked up the fridge with the cookie dough supplies. Absolutely perfect for Christmas movie nights or class parties!
Christmas Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- Pillsbury Shape™ Sugar Cookie Dough – Above are the three designs I have been able to find this year. Some stores only carry one or two varieties. I can usually order all three via Walmart Grocery pick up or delivery. Just for fun, I tried all three designs for these photos.
- Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Lovers – These are the perfect proportioned cookie dough size. The Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough portions were too small for stacking. I also tried the Pillsbury cookie dough in the roll and scooped the cookie dough, but they were too flat and thin under the sugar cookie dough.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
Be sure to scroll to the recipe card for detailed instructions.
- Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide chocolate chip cookie dough portions on baking sheet and press down lightly to flatten them just slightly. This will keep the sugar cookie dough centered and prevent it from sliding off the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Place sugar cookie dough on top and bake.
- Cookies will be soft and will set as they cool.
- Both cookies doughs should be chilled and firm when they go into the oven. This will make the cookies evenly shaped and keep the sugar cookie dough centered. The cookies only take minutes to assemble so they can go directly into the preheated oven.
- If the cookie doughs have been sitting out or gotten soft, pop the baking sheet into the fridge to firm back up before baking.
- The Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough is safe to eat raw, so even if the sugar cookie seems soft, it is safe to eat.
- 12 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Squares 16oz Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Lovers Cookies recommended
- 12 Pillsbury Ready to Bake Shape Sugar Cookie Dough
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°
Space chocolate chip cookie dough portions on baking sheet and press down lightly to slightly flatten. Center sugar cookie dough on top of chocolate chip cookie dough.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until chocolate chip cookies are a very light golden brown on edges,
Popular Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- M&M Christmas Cookie Bars
- Christmas Wreath Charcuterie Board
- Snowman Cheese Ball
- Rudolph Cheese Ball
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
Journa Liz Ramirez
These cookies taste so good! It’s very fun and easy to make. A must-try Christmas treat. Thanks, Melissa, for this amazing recipe. We enjoyed it so much.
oh, my, goodness! this is genius and I cannot wait to make these! thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe!