Peppermint Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe – creamy peppermint chocolate cream foam over ice cold peppermint cold brew coffee with a sprinkle of crushed candy cane.
Peppermint Chocolate CREAM COLD BREW
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks is, in my opinion, the best drink they offer. I even made my own homemade version this year. Check it out here: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Once the holiday season was here, I wanted something similar, with festive Christmas flavors. Smooth and delicious cold brew coffee with a creamy peppermint chocolate cold foam. It’s incredibly easy to make and so delicious!
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE CREAM COLD BREW RECIPE INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES
- Milk Frother – a hand frother works great for this recipe!
- Heavy Cream – you can use half and half, but the foam won’t be as thick and rich. The best results are with heavy cream.
- Skim Milk – to make the cream a pourable consistency.
- Torani Vanilla Syrup – this syrup acts as the sweetener.
- Torani Peppermint Syrup – we use this all the time! Perfect for adding to hot chocolate.
- Chocolate Syrup – just a tablespoon is the perfect amount to give chocolaty flavor while still allowing the cream to froth.
- Candy Canes – crushed
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Cold Brew Coffee – I love the Starbucks Cold Brew from the grocery store. It’s so smooth and refreshing. You can use homemade cold brew or any brand you prefer. Make sure to note if it’s ready to serve cold brew or cold brew concentrate and adjust accordingly.
HOW TO MAKE A PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE CREAM COLD BREW
- Use a frother to combine heavy cream, milk, vanilla syrup, peppermint syrup, and chocolate syrup. Froth until mixture is thick and creamy but still pourable.
- Fill cup with ice and add one pump of vanilla syrup and one pump of peppermint syrup. Pour cold brew coffee of choice over ice and stir.
- Top with chocolate cream and sprinkle with crushed candy canes and chocolate sprinkles.
- I tried different variations of half and half vs heavy cream and found the blend of heavy cream and skim milk worked best to make the foam thick but pourable.
- I recommend the combination of peppermint and vanilla syrup in this recipe. The vanilla adds to and mellows the peppermint flavor.
- A handheld frother worked the best for me. I have an expensive frother that makes hot or cold froth and I much prefer the inexpensive hand held frother. It’s easy to clean and fast. Plus it can be used to whisk other small things, like scrambled eggs!
- This recipe makes four servings. The leftover peppermint chocolate cream can be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered and will just need to be freshened up by frothing again.
Peppermint Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe – creamy peppermint chocolate cream cold foam over ice cold peppermint cold brew coffee with a sprinkle of crushed candy cane.
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk
- 2 tablespoons Torani Vanilla Syrup plus more for the cold brew
- 2 tablespoons Torani Peppermint Syrup plus more for the cold brew
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Syrup
- 40 oz Cold Brew Coffee
- Crushed Candy Cane for topping
- Chocolate Sprinkles
Combine cold heavy cream, skim milk, vanilla syrup, peppermint syrup, and chocolate syrup. I like to use the frother to first whisk it together. Once the mixture is combined, tilt the frother at a 45° angle just under the surface and froth until smooth and creamy.
To assemble the cold brew, fill cup with ice, add one pump of vanilla syrup (about 1 tablespoon) and one pump of peppermint syrup, pour cold brew coffee over ice leaving room at the top for the cold foam. Pour or spoon peppermint chocolate cream mixture on top of cold brew and top with crushed candy cane and chocolate sprinkles.
Christmas Drink Recipes
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS