Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Turkey Breast and Fresh Herb Stuffing – roasted garlic butter turkey breast with fresh herb sausage apple stuffing made on one sheet pan.
Sheet Pan Turkey Breast and Stuffing
If you need a smaller scale holiday dinner idea, or just in the mood for a turkey and stuffing, this is the perfect dinner! A flavor packed boneless skinless turkey breast roast cooked with the stuffing on one sheet pan for a simple holiday meal. Inspired by my sheet pan pork tenderloin recipe, I roast the turkey breast brushed with hoisin sauce for a delicious savory flavor and finish with homemade garlic herb butter. I also used my favorite sausage apple cranberry stuffing adapted for a sheet pan.
Sheet Pan Turkey and Stuffing Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast Roast – found in the frozen section.
- Hoisin Sauce – adds a delicious umami flavor to the turkey breast.
- Butter – You’ll need both softened and melted butter.
- Garlic – freshly minced is most flavorful.
- Fresh Herbs – fresh herbs of the stuffing and garlic butter really make the dish special.
- Sourdough French Loaf – diced into large pieces and toasted for the stuffing.
- Dry Cubed Stuffing – these will be the base and the sourdough loaf will be added to give more texture and flavor.
- Olive Oil – for sautéing the onions and celery
- Ground Sausage – I use ground pork sausage, sweet or spicy Italian sausage would also be a great addition.
- Onions and Celery – cut into larger rustic chunks
- Apple – traditionally I have used Golden Delicious but sometimes they are hard to find, Honey Crisp or Granny Smith work well too
- Dried Cranberries – dried cherries would work as a substitute
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth – go for the low-sodium and add more salt only as needed
- Cranberry Sauce – for topping. I use my homemade Cranberry Orange Sauce.
How To Make Sheet Pan Turkey Breast and Stuffing
- Start by thawing the turkey breast completely and set out at room temperature for an hour before cooking to take the chill off.
- Prepare stuffing and spread on baking sheet.
- Place turkey breast on top of stuffing and brush with hoisin sauce.
- Cover entire pan tightly with foil and cook until internal temperature of turkey breast reaches 165.
- Top with garlic herb butter.
- Let rest and slice.
- Some turkey roasts have directions to cook from frozen on the packaging, but this recipe is intended to cook a thawed turkey breast.
- I tested this recipe with both a Butterball Turkey Breast Roast and a Jennie-O Oven Ready Turkey Homestyle Turkey Breast Roast and both worked perfectly. The Jennie-O had some seasoning already but the end result was the same so I wouldn’t make any adjustments.
- Let turkey breast rest before slicing.
- If you need to substitute dried herbs for fresh, decrease the amount and use about 1/3 the amount of dried herbs vs fresh herbs.
More Holiday Favorites
- Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
- Garlic Herb Butter Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Corn Casserole
Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Turkey Breast and Fresh Herb Stuffing - roasted garlic butter turkey breast with fresh herb sausage apple stuffing made on one sheet pan.
- 1/2 pound sourdough bread loaf cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 1 apple diced into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 3 pound boneless skinless turkey breast roast thawed completely
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced to paste
Start with a thawed turkey breast roast and let set at room temperature for about an hour before roasting. Preheat oven to 400° and prepare stuffing.
On a sheet pan, toast two inch cubes of sourdough loaf in oven for about 10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside. In a large sauté pan, cook sausage in olive oil until browned, breaking up as it cooks. Add onions and celery and sauté just until they start to soften. Season with salt, pepper and stir in fresh herbs. Combine sausage mixture, apples, dried cranberries, bread cubes, and chicken broth on sheet pan. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing.
Pat turkey breast dry and place on top of stuffing. Brush turkey breast with hoisin sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 40 minutes covered. Remove foil and cook uncovered for another 10-15 minutes, or until turkey breast reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
While turkey breast is cooking, prepare garlic butter. Combine softened butter, parsley, and garlic. When turkey breast is done cooking, remove sheet pan from oven and top with garlic herb better. Let rest and then slice. Serve with cranberry sauce.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
This was exceptional. My guests couldn’t believe I made this, for one, haha, but they also were so in love with how good it was! Thank you!
We had a perfect dinner because of this recipe. My whole family loved this so much, thanks for sharing another winning recipe with us!