One Pot Pumpkin Alfredo
The perfect cozy one pot dinner for fall! Butter, garlic, heavy cream, real pumpkin, and freshly grated parmesan cheese with a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg. You won’t believe how easy and delicious this pasta is. This can be served with a side salad as a main dish or as a side dish. The uncooked pasta, I used Campanile (aka Trumpets), simmers in a mixture of melted butter, fresh garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, and real pumpkin. Then freshly grated parmesan is stirred in to finish the sauce. It’s rich, creamy and oh so delicious. Add freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated nutmeg for the perfect seasoning.
Pumpkin Alfredo Ingredients
- Butter – unsalted butter preferred, but if you already have salted butter on hand, use that instead and just adjust the amount of salt added at the end.
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic is the best and most flavorful choice.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – low-sodium is preferred to control the salt in the dish.
- Heavy Cream – look for cream that says heavy cream and not whipping cream. The fat content in cream can vary greatly, which affects the final thickness of the sauce.
- Campanile Pasta (aka Trumpets) – Any bite size shaped pasta will work in this recipe.
- Pumpkin – 100% pure pumpkin from a can, using fresh pumpkin puree may change the consistency of the finished dish. Also make sure it is not Pumpkin Pie filling.
- Parmesan Cheese – freshly shredded parmesan cheese from a block of Parmigiano-Reggiano is ideal. A wedge from Costco or Trader Joe’s has the best flavor and value. A 5 oz wedge of parmesan available at almost every store with groceries works great too. Avoid bagged shredded parmesan cheese as it is too dry to melt into the sauce.
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT PUMPKIN ALFREDO
- Start by melting butter and sautéing garlic.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, pumpkin, and uncooked pasta and stir together.
- Increase heat until mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, salt if needed, and freshly grated nutmeg.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Crispy Pumpkin Waffles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup pumpkin canned pure pumpkin
- 8 oz pasta uncooked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- black pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, heavy cream, pumpkin, and pasta to the pot and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high until it starts to simmer. Stir again and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Adjust amount of cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg as needed.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS