Pumpkin Spice Margaritas – a fresh fall margarita with the perfect amount of pumpkin spice and real pumpkin.
Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
Real pumpkin and fresh orange juice with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice, this is the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail. If you are looking for a fall themed cocktail that is light, delicious, and gives cozy vibes, this is it! It’s simple to make and you can easily scale the recipe up or down.
Pumpkin Spice Margarita Ingredients
- Sugar – for a pumpkin spice rim
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – for the rim and a sprinkle in the cocktail as well.
- Orange Slices – for rimming the glasses
- Triple Sec
- Orange Juice – I use a good quality no pulp orange juice.
- Pumpkin – 100% pure canned pumpkin
- Cinnamon Sticks – for garnish
Pumpkin Spice Rim
In a small bowl or a plate, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Coat the rim of the glass using an orange slice then dip in sugar mixture.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Margarita
Add tequila, triple sec, orange juice, and pumpkin to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until ingredients are well chilled. Pour into prepared glasses and serve with a cinnamon stick.
Pumpkin Spice Margaritas for a Crowd
Instead of using a cocktail shaker, scale recipe to desired servings and serve in a pitcher with slices of oranges. Do not add ice to the pitcher to avoid watering down the cocktail. Stir margarita in pitcher before serving.
To Make Ahead
To make ahead for Thanksgiving or any fall party, prepare margaritas in the morning with no ice. Store tightly covered in refrigerator until ready to serve. Stir margaritas well before serving if serving in a pitcher. For smaller servings, add to cocktail shaker with ice, shake and serve.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- orange slices
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin 100% pure canned pumpkin
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
On a small plate, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Rim glass with orange slice and dip glass in sugar mixture.
Add tequila, triple sec, orange juice, and pumpkin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well until ingredients are chilled. Pour into rimmed glasses and garnish with cinnamon stick and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. Serve with additional ice if desired.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Charcuterie Boards
- Garlic Herb Butter Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Sausage Apple Cranberry Stuffing
- Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Corn Casserole
- Fresh Cranberry Orange Sauce
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS