Ultimate Brioche Breakfast Sandwich Recipe – crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, creamy avocado, caramelized onions and spicy mayo on a soft and buttery brioche bun.
Ultimate Brioche Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
The most delicious and flavor packed breakfast sandwich. This breakfast sandwich is on our menu for Easter brunch and I can’t wait to share it with my family. There is a really amazing fast casual small chain restaurant in Los Angeles and Las Vegas called Eggslut. The breakfast sandwiches and freshly squeezed orange juice are absolutely delicious. This recipe is inspired by the Fairfax Sandwich, with the addition of crispy bacon and avocado, and it’s super easy to make at home.
Ingredients for the Ultimate Brioche Breakfast Sandwich
- Brioche Buns – I use brioche hamburger buns and toast them on a skillet to warm.
- Bacon – Center Cut Bacon cut into thirds to fit the bun. Thick cut bacon or regular bacon will work as well.
- Eggs – I’ve been using the Vital Farms Pasture Raised eggs for a while and I really love how yellow and rich the yolk is. They make the scrambled eggs really rich and delicious.
- Milk – just a splash for the soft scrambled eggs.
- Chives – fresh minced chives for the eggs.
- Avocado – a ripe avocado.
- Onion – finely diced yellow onions. Smaller dice will allow it to caramelize faster.
- Water – a small amount of water splashed into the pan when sautéing the onions helps them soften and caramelize faster.
- Olive Oil – for sautéing the onions. Avocado oil would work as well.
- Butter – for toasting the buns and for the scrambled eggs.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – use thick slices of sharp cheddar for the most flavor.
- Mayonnaise – Kewpie Mayo or any good quality mayo. Kewpie mayo adds a little extra savory flavor.
- Sriracha – or hot sauce of your choice.
How to Make Brioche Breakfast Sandwiches
- Start by carmelizing the onions. The onions will take the longest to cook, so start them first and let them caramelize while prepping the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine mayo and hot sauce and set aside.
- Bake bacon on a baking sheet until crispy. Once bacon is cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Lightly butter brioche buns and toast until light golden brown.
- In a large nonstick pan, prepare soft scrambled eggs. Once the eggs are almost set, stir in chives. Cover and keep warm over very low heat until ready to serve.
- Assemble breakfast sandwiches and serve.
Making This Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Ahead
These breakfast sandwiches are best assembled and eaten immediately. The components can be made ahead and/or prepped to make the process go quicker.
- Caramelized Onions – this is the longest step, they can be made up to three days before and stored in an air-tight container. Quickly reheat in a small skillet or in the microwave.
- Spicy May0 – can be mixed ahead and stored in an air-tight container
- Bacon – bacon can be made the day before and reheated.
- Eggs – scrambled eggs are best made and served as soon as possible. One make ahead trick I like is to crack all the eggs and whisk ahead of time. Keep egg mixture refrigerated and covered until ready to use. Remove from refrigerator before scrambling to take the chill off the egg mixture.
Serving a Crowd
For a brunch or holiday, instead of assembling all the breakfast sandwiches, lay all the ingredients out and let everyone build their own breakfast sandwiches. Keep buns and bacon warm in the lowest warm setting in the oven. Prepare the eggs last so they will be warm. Keep the eggs in the pan and cover them with a lid to keep them warmed during serving. If transferring eggs to a new serving dish, make sure serving dish is warmed.
More Breakfast or Brunch Recipes
- Savory Make Ahead Sausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Sour Cream Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Maple Coffee Glaze
- Pancake Breakfast Board
- Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes
More Easter Recipes
- Thick and Creamy Banana Pudding
- Carrot Shaped Cheese Ball
- Easter M&M’S Cookie Bars
- Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham
Buttery brioche buns with crispy bacon, creamy avocado, soft scrambled eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, and caramelized onions.
- 6 Brioche Buns
- Butter melted for toasting buns
- 12 oz Center Cut Bacon
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 14 Large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons diced chives
In medium skillet, carmelize onions by cooking in olive oil over medium heat. As they cook down and start to dry out, sprinkle in a tablespoon of water to help soften and steam onions. Season with salt and pepper. Let onions continue to caramelize while preparing rest of ingredients. Onions should be soft and golden brown.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and sriracha and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray. Cut bacon slices into thirds and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking bacon often for doneness. Bacon will cook very quickly in the last few minutes. Once bacon is crispy, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large non stick skillet and swirl. For the smoothest eggs, use a fine mesh strainer to strain egg mixture into skillet and discard the small hard pieces (chalazae and meat spots) that don't blend into the eggs. Cook eggs over medium low to medium heat gently pushing egg curds as they form. Cook until almost set and stir in chives. Eggs should be tender and soft scrambled.
Lightly butter and toast buns. Assemble breakfast sandwiches by starting with avocado, followed by bacon, eggs, cheese slice, caramelized onions, and finish by spreading top bun with spicy mayo. Wrap in waxed paper if desired and serve.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
when you said that these were the ultimate breakfast sandwich, you werent kidding! these are amazing and I cannot get enough of them! thank you for sharing
These have got to be the tastiest breakfast sandwiches I’ve ever made, thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you so much! Finally, my teens loved this! Brioche is the best.