Loaded Chicken Fajitas – seasoned chicken, red onions and colorful bell peppers loaded with bacon, cheese, and avocados. This easy dinner is absolutely packed with flavor!
These chicken fajitas are so tasty and the best part is they are all made in one skillet! I decided to up the ante on a basic chicken fajita recipe and load them with bacon, cheese and avocado. Seriously, these are better than a restaurant! You can use the freshest and best quality ingredients and have the dinner served piping hot, and you still have just one pan to clean!
How to Make Chicken Fajitas
- Start by frying bacon in a large cast iron skillet. Once bacon is crispy, remove and use two tablespoon of bacon fat to brown the seasoned chicken.
- Add onions and bell peppers to pan and continue cooking until softened.
- Squeeze fresh limes over the chicken and veggies. Then top with cheese, bacon and avocado. Serve with warm tortillas.
These fajitas are such an easy dinner idea and are absolutely amazing to dig into! The bacon really adds an extra depth of flavor that totally takes them over the top. These are fun to make and fun to eat.
What to Serve With Chicken Fajitas
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Mexican Rice Recipe
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
- Frozen Margaritas
- Homemade Salsa
- Baked Tortilla Chips
I’m a huge fan of fajita recipes. They are so quick to make, and loaded with flavor. Here are some more fajita recipes you might enjoy. They are just so versatile!
More Fajita Recipes
- Steak and Shrimp Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Skillet Chicken Fajitas Loaded with Bacon, Cheeese and Avocados
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz bacon chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 limes
- green onion diced
- tortillas warmed
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cheese shredded
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate and remove all but two tablespoons of bacon fat from skillet.
In a large bowl, combine chicken with 1 1/2 teaspons of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and all the seasonings. Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on both sides. Move chicken to one side of skillet and add onions and bell pepper. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Cook onions, peppers and chicken over medium high heat until vegetable start to soften and chicken is cooked through.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over chicken and veggies, top with cheese, bacon, onions and avocados. Serve in warm tortillas.
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS
I am so excited about this recipe. This looks delicious.
Okay, YES PLEASE. I am so making this recipe this week! It looks incredible!
These fajitas are amazing! They have so much flavor! The moment everything is frying in the pan, the house smells so good!
what a healthy delicious meal! love how quick it comes together
Oh man, these were incredible! Such great flavor and I loved the bacon!
We do not make fajitas enough. We love this recipe! They are so tasty & smell amazing!
Fajitas are one of my favorite things to eat!! They are so loaded with flavor!